For the Pesach

For Christian fellowship
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Apr 13 2014, 12:43 PM #16

Bump once again, and "reset" the story, as there will be one edit.
Just because I'm imaginary doesn't mean I don't exist.

Wanderer
Advanced Member
Wanderer
Advanced Member

Apr 21 2014, 08:27 AM #17

A couple of little side notes:

1. Pontius Pilate was both better and worse than the usual account portrays him. On the one hand, the death penalty was only handed down because the top religious leaders were swearing that Jesus was agitating against Caesar -- an automatic death penalty, if true. Likewise, Pilate did offer to release Him, an offer he didn't have to make, and it was rejected on the Jews' own authority. Moreover, his washing of hands was (by Deuteronomy 21) a declaration that Jesus was being murdered and he could do nothing to stop it.

On the other hand, Pilate was a career bureaucrat who already had two strikes against him for twice trying to set up a temple of Mars inside Jerusalem -- explicitly forbidden by treaty. According to Josephus, his third strike came when he suspected a large number of Jews rushing for the hills of planning a revolt and had the centurions hunt them down and kill them... only to find they were following a scam artist who promised the hidden treasures of Moses. His career ended in ignominy.

(Now you know why he caved to the Pharisees. He knew full well that, after his antics trying to set up Mars-worship, he'd have been removed and replaced as soon as word reached Caesar. Things might have gone differently, yes, but that wasn't in the Plan.)

2. True, we have no actual account in the Bible that says the spirit of the repentant criminal went along on the harrowing of Hell, but it does make for a better story. ;)

3. Luke also holds the distinction of having written in the Greek style, kronos logos (chronologically), rather than the thematic style of the Jews.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Apr 21 2014, 12:39 PM #18

Wanderer @ Apr 21 2014, 03:27 AM wrote: 2. True, we have no actual account in the Bible that says the spirit of the repentant criminal went along on the harrowing of Hell, but it does make for a better story. ;)
Odd, I thought that Jesus' declaration "You will be with me today in Paradise" was what I dramatized for Saturday's post.

Wanderer
Advanced Member
Wanderer
Advanced Member

Apr 22 2014, 04:58 AM #19

The J.A.M. @ Apr 21 2014, 05:39 AM wrote:
Wanderer @ Apr 21 2014, 03:27 AM wrote: 2.  True, we have no actual account in the Bible that says the spirit of the repentant criminal went along on the harrowing of Hell, but it does make for a better story.  ;)
Odd, I thought that Jesus' declaration "You will be with me today in Paradise" was what I dramatized for Saturday's post.
(waggles paw) That only says that he's going to Heaven, not the gates of Hell. It's open to interpretation, and there's nothing wrong with the story. I was just pointing out that it's not, strictly speaking, in the Bible.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Mar 29 2015, 01:10 AM #20

True, but given the reports that people saw the spirits of the Old Testament Saints after the crucifixion, there might have been a slight delay before he went to Heaven.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Apr 5 2015, 01:13 PM #21

Important addition on Sunday!

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Apr 24 2016, 12:47 AM #22

Bump for the Passover. However, since Jewish Year 5776 is a leap year, it has one additional month between Adar and Nisan, Adar II, so the Passover is 1 month late this time.

Enjoy.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Apr 9 2017, 02:14 PM #23

Bump again. Enjoy.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Mar 25 2018, 02:15 PM #24

Bump one more time :D :D :D