JAM's comments, 4-9-16

For religious discussions and debates.

JAM's comments, 4-9-16

orenotter
Advanced Member
orenotter
Advanced Member

Apr 10 2016, 02:32 AM #1

I just preached a sermon on reaching spiritual maturity. As soon as I finish, my friend stands up and contradicts everything I just said.
He claims that it's not possible for someone under the new covenant to deliberately sin, and that you can be completely transformed into a non-sinner just by submitting and letting God do the transforming for you.

If this is true...

Then A. I am not under the new covenant, because I still sin deliberately. Therefore, I am not saved.

B. "Submitting" must mean something completely different from what's in the dictionary, because God has failed to do this for me when I have submitted, or to even tell me what I'm doing wrong.

C. My situation is hopeless, because Romans 10:13 is a lie.

So there are two possibilities. Either I've been completely rejected by God through no fault of my own, or I'm preaching to a congregation who believes it's true.

Either way, this is a job I'm no longer willing to do.
An Otter is faithful, one hundred percent.

Wanderer
Advanced Member
Wanderer
Advanced Member

Aug 10 2016, 03:58 PM #2

I can see one other possibility: You and your friend have a difference of doctrine. Heaven knows, such issues date to Paul's time. :rolleyes: It's your decision, of course, but I'm sure you are missed by those able to attend the services.

The J.A.M.
Advanced Member
The J.A.M.
Advanced Member

Aug 10 2016, 08:33 PM #3

We solved this issue, Wanderer, and it was solved amicably. Don't worry about it. :D :D :D
Just because I'm imaginary doesn't mean I don't exist.