Low-Cost Sketch Artist

Looking for commissions? Looking to do commissions? Post here to advertise availability or place your idea on the table.

Low-Cost Sketch Artist

Kairyu
Kairyu

05 Sep 2009, 20:35 #1

I'm not the best out there, art-wise, but I'm told I do decent sketches. So I'd like to offer myself and my "skills" (or lack thereof, mayhaps). I'll take requests for sketches of a single character bust, for free, one at a time. An example of my work can be found here:

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/ ... u_shin.jpg

As stated, I'll do them for free, on request, but I also add a small footnote: if you are pleased with the end result, you're free to drop one dollar or so my way as a "thank you" - no obligations, but it would be greatly appreciated.

ashenfox
Advanced Member
ashenfox
Advanced Member

06 Sep 2009, 11:35 #2

I may be one of a very small number around here with much in the way of cash to spare...so I probably ought to step up. The question is what would I want drawn...I could ask for my own character, but somehow I feel that would be tacky...then again, I could ask for my girlfriend's character, but no one's been able to draw her so far.

Maybe you could do one of my story characters, Xavier Renard, aka Captain Skyfox...he's an anthro red fox with an artificial arm and leg (both on the right-hand side) who lives in a technologically advanced future, but he grew up in a refugee camp in the wilderness with other morphs whose parents were human. He becomes a superhero but I'd just as soon see him in street clothes as much as a cyberpunk "superhero suit."

Kairyu
Kairyu

06 Sep 2009, 12:53 #3

Hm... specific details. Face markings and/or hair? And maybe a shirt?

ashenfox
Advanced Member
ashenfox
Advanced Member

07 Sep 2009, 18:00 #4

Things like this are better discussed through e-mail, probably; but I will say, in general, for most of my characters appearance tends to take a back seat to personality. I honestly hadn't given very much thought to how his face should look.

That said, I envisioned him with long hair tied back. His eyes should be human, or at least more human than bestial. I can't think of any other definite facial features; fox faces don't seem to have as much room for variation. You're free to take liberties with small details. The t-shirt should be blank--I assume that's what you were wanting to know--otherwise, "street clothes" should include t-shirt, jeans, and any kind of comfortable shoes; a jacket or over-shirt, belt(s), or similar accessories are optional.

clemaxgra
Advanced Member
clemaxgra
Advanced Member

08 Sep 2009, 07:16 #5

no paypal XD
THE DOCTOR'S JOB REQUIRE A LEVEL OF DETACHMENT. THAT SAME DETACHMENT ALLOWS HER TO SHRUG OFF ACCUSATIONS AND BLAMES AS SIMPLE NARROW-MINDEDNESS. FACED WITH MERCY AND COMPASSION HOWEVER, SHE'S FORCED TO COME TO TERMS WITH HERSELF. (QUOTED FROM ROOM FOR ONE MORE, STRIP 483)

Kairyu
Kairyu

13 Sep 2009, 17:32 #6

Quick update. College work has me spread pretty thin, so I'm going to be slow. Otherwise, though, I will get the sketch done for you. You just need to be patient with me.

ashenfox
Advanced Member
ashenfox
Advanced Member

15 Sep 2009, 16:38 #7

Thanks for the update. Considering I expect I'll get a good value for my money, I can wait.

Akktri
Advanced Member
Akktri
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2011, 22:41 #8

Can you do stuff other than character busts? I'd like to get some designs.